Muharram passed recently. This is the day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed. When Muslims from all over the world conduct mourning processions, beating their chests and backs with chains, to observe Yaum-e-Ashura, the 10th day of Muharram which is the first month of the Islamic calendar. Considered a day of bereavement, many Muslims observe fast, give charity and pray in remembrance of Hussain who was martyred this day around 1,400 years ago at Karbala in Iraq.
You have the rights to distribute and modify versions of all content on my site. It is mandatory that the same rights be preserved in modified versions as well, i.e., you will have to distribute them for free. After all, we dream of a world where the mind is without fear and knowledge is free. Know more
- Poetry writing workshop for children. At Just Books, Sahakar Nagar 5 hours ago
- ‘You may see the city slowing down’ : Five poems by Malcolm Carvalho bengalurureview.com/2019/06/12/mal… 14 hours ago
- One of the best moments from the Scorsese documentary. youtube.com/watch?v=ujgqOg… 1 day ago
- I am conducting a poetry writing workshop for children at Just Books Library, Sahakar Nagar tomorrow (near Hebbal).… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- I've been living in Bengaluru for 12 years, but it took a magazine like Bengaluru Review and a collaborator like Tu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago