Muharram passed recently. This is the day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed. When Muslims from all over the world conduct mourning processions, beating their chests and backs with chains, to observe Yaum-e-Ashura, the 10th day of Muharram which is the first month of the Islamic calendar. Considered a day of bereavement, many Muslims observe fast, give charity and pray in remembrance of Hussain who was martyred this day around 1,400 years ago at Karbala in Iraq.
You have the rights to distribute and modify versions of all content on my site. It is mandatory that the same rights be preserved in modified versions as well, i.e., you will have to distribute them for free. After all, we dream of a world where the mind is without fear and knowledge is free. Know more
- Bengaluru Review August issue : bengalurureview.com/tag/august-201… facebook.com/1282796653/pos… 2 hours ago
- Between 1947 and 2011; India's economy grew 19 folds, an average citizen's per capita income grew 260 folds, food p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- सुकविता यद्यस्ति राज्येन किम् - भर्तृहरि facebook.com/1282796653/pos… 2 days ago
- facebook.com/sourav894/post… 2 days ago
- facebook.com/sourav894/post… 4 days ago