Muharram passed recently. This is the day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed. When Muslims from all over the world conduct mourning processions, beating their chests and backs with chains, to observe Yaum-e-Ashura, the 10th day of Muharram which is the first month of the Islamic calendar. Considered a day of bereavement, many Muslims observe fast, give charity and pray in remembrance of Hussain who was martyred this day around 1,400 years ago at Karbala in Iraq.
You have the rights to distribute and modify versions of all content on my site. It is mandatory that the same rights be preserved in modified versions as well, i.e., you will have to distribute them for free. After all, we dream of a world where the mind is without fear and knowledge is free. Know more
- रोमहास अंजुमन का एक ख़ास कार्यक्रम हैं, जिसमें हम अपनी कविता पर बात न कर अपने प्रिय कवियों व कवयित्रियों पर बातचीत… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- facebook.com/sourav894/post… 8 hours ago
- Bahar Dutt writes, "In my 13 years as a journalist this has been the toughest story to do. Have chased poachers, ti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- Transfer of public money to private pockets in the name of insurance is exactly what has failed our farmers too. Sh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- When one smokes cowdung, Nityananda happens. 5 days ago