Muharram passed recently. This is the day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed. When Muslims from all over the world conduct mourning processions, beating their chests and backs with chains, to observe Yaum-e-Ashura, the 10th day of Muharram which is the first month of the Islamic calendar. Considered a day of bereavement, many Muslims observe fast, give charity and pray in remembrance of Hussain who was martyred this day around 1,400 years ago at Karbala in Iraq.
You have the rights to distribute and modify versions of all content on my site. It is mandatory that the same rights be preserved in modified versions as well, i.e., you will have to distribute them for free. After all, we dream of a world where the mind is without fear and knowledge is free. Know more
- facebook.com/1282796653/pos… 1 day ago
- In parts of Pakistan, there are lashkars of liberal-minded people who carry guns to even take their daughters to sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Dear bhakts, please take pride in this. Thanks! facebook.com/1282796653/pos… 1 day ago
- Leaders of all five main political parties in Finland were women under the age of 35. We need similar involvement o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Me : I conduct poetry workshops for children and adults as writing is extremely therapeutic and great fun. Corpora… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago