Muharram passed recently. This is the day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed. When Muslims from all over the world conduct mourning processions, beating their chests and backs with chains, to observe Yaum-e-Ashura, the 10th day of Muharram which is the first month of the Islamic calendar. Considered a day of bereavement, many Muslims observe fast, give charity and pray in remembrance of Hussain who was martyred this day around 1,400 years ago at Karbala in Iraq.
You have the rights to distribute and modify versions of all content on my site. It is mandatory that the same rights be preserved in modified versions as well, i.e., you will have to distribute them for free. After all, we dream of a world where the mind is without fear and knowledge is free. Know more
- Dear friends, I am happy to announce our new project, Bengaluru Review, a monthly magazine for art and its many ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- I gave fitness challenge to a house cat. "Main vella nahi hoon," it said, and walked away. 3 days ago
- So proud! facebook.com/story.php?stor… 4 days ago
- दिन, हफ्तों और सालों पहले हुए वाकये हमारे साथ कितना लम्बा सफर कर जाते हैं। हर गुज़रता हुआ आदमी आते हुए आदमी को वक़्… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- This is gold :) kim jong-un looking at things kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com 6 days ago