Muharram passed recently. This is the day of martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammed. When Muslims from all over the world conduct mourning processions, beating their chests and backs with chains, to observe Yaum-e-Ashura, the 10th day of Muharram which is the first month of the Islamic calendar. Considered a day of bereavement, many Muslims observe fast, give charity and pray in remembrance of Hussain who was martyred this day around 1,400 years ago at Karbala in Iraq.
You have the rights to distribute and modify versions of all content on my site. It is mandatory that the same rights be preserved in modified versions as well, i.e., you will have to distribute them for free. After all, we dream of a world where the mind is without fear and knowledge is free. Know more
- Instead of going to prison, he'll now sit on CM's chair. #Shame facebook.com/sourav894/post… 13 hours ago
- Dear friends, our online literary magazine Bengaluru Review has completed 6 months of publication. The page has als… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- facebook.com/sourav894/post… 1 day ago
- Back in the good old days, if you were bad in science or accounting, they made you do an MA in History. On that not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- मुक्तिबोध की 'अँधेरे में' कविता पर लवली गोस्वामी का लेख। Lovely Goswami Bengaluru Review bengalurureview.com/2018/12/04/muk… 2 days ago